Cycling in a rural community
How to encourage cycling in a rural community? We hear of superhighways in London where they spend millions of pounds on cycle infrastructure.
It isn't easy to leave the car at home and cycle instead:
- It is wet and windy!
- Our A and B roads are narrow with many blind bends. Cars drive very quickly.
- A lack of bicycle parking.
- Steep hills - so much up and down.
There are so many advantages to cycling.
- Health - mental and physical.
- Cost - so much cheaper than a car.